A Georgia teen who suffered massive brain swelling died after drinking too much Gatorade and water, authorities say.

Zyrees Oliver, 17, was pulled off life support early Monday at a hospital just outside of Atlanta. He had no brain activity and was declared dead shortly afterward.

His relatives said he complained of cramping during a football practice last week, adding he drank as much as two gallons of water and two gallons of Gatorade.

Oliver later collapsed at his home and was taken to an area hospital. Hospital officials say the teen suffered massive swelling of the brain from over-hydration, which in some cases can cause seizures, comas or even lead to death.

An autopsy is planned to confirm the cause of death.